Monday, October 10, 2011

Why do bad things happen to good people?

Responding to the skeptic, there are number of possible answers to this question from the Christian perspective:




1.  As a Christian, I do not believe anyone to be truly “good.” We are all in desperate need of the good grace of God to save us from what we truly deserve. (I fully explain this under Point 1 regarding why God ordered the killing of the Canaanites.)

2.  As a Christian, I believe we have all inherited the guilt of Adam’s rebellion against God. (I fully explain this under Point 1 regarding why we suffer for Adam’s sin.)

3.  Truthfully, we live in a broken world due to sin. (I fully explain this under Point 1 regarding why children die of cancer.)

4.  Even though it is difficult to see, I believe God will work out a “greater good” for those who put their faith in Him. (I fully explain this under Point 2 regarding why children die of cancer.)

5.  As a Christian, I believe it is important to remember that God did not create us for the primary purpose to live a “happy and healthy life.” (I fully explain this under Point 3 regarding why children die of cancer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment